8 Tips for Busy People Who Want to Train Their Dogs
Training puppies is one of the priority businesses in big cities and towns because people are very busy in these places and they want to have a puppy as their pet animal, yet it isn’t easy to train your puppy in the right way. This is very important especially if the puppy is a new member to your home. Before having any puppy as a member of your home, study the behavior of that puppy and decide whether it could be a perfect pet for you. Then follow some of the tips that are provided below to make your puppy one of the best members of your home.
1) Love: This is the first thing you have to show to your puppy. Every animal wants to be loved by its owner, but it is very particular in the case of puppies. They are highly emotional in nature and expect a lot of love from their owner. So always try to have as much love as possible with your puppy. That will help the puppy to learn anything that you teach very quickly.
2) Attention: Many people think that love and attention are both one and the same, but it isn’t true. Love is quite different from attention. You might love your puppy a lot but may not be able to spend time with it, which will disappoint the puppy. Puppies always love to be attended to by their owners. So attend to them for at least one hour per day, and they will show more interest in learning what you teach them.
3) Patience: This is yet another important quality you should have to teach your puppy. Remember that you can’t teach everything to anybody within a few hours. Your puppy may take some time to understand what you say, and you should have patience to teach him. Don’t scold him excessively, as that will affect his mental ability. Patience is a virtue!
4) Outside Help: If you have access to someone who is better versed in animal behavior, it is helpful to get his or her help for training the puppy. The trainer can interact with a lot of care with the puppy, and that will transfer to the puppy interacting with you also very easily. So always take care that you get the help of such a person if possible.
5) Nutrition: Feeding your dog well is also very important. Always feed healthy food to your puppy. Nutritious food is as important to pet animals as it is to human beings. So always get high-quality dog food or ask for healthy recipes from your veterinarian. Don’t feed the dog with an excess of fat and salt. That will make him feel lazy and can eventually lead to several diseases.
6) Exercise is yet another important thing that you have to provide for your pet puppy. Exercising will help the puppy to keep his fitness. Everyday take him for a walk for half an hour or so. That will make him feel relaxed and happy as the puppy drains excess energy. A relaxed mind will be able to learn very quickly, and you can teach him many lessons while you are out with him.
7) Training: Training your puppy about health and hygiene is also very important. Don’t allow your puppy to defecate everywhere. Once you show him a place to defecate, he will never forget it again. Places for urinating and defecating must always be clean. If your puppy errs, display patience in showing him his fault, so that he will not repeat it again. Remember, even human beings commit mistakes, and hence it is not unnatural that dogs do so as well.
8) Dog Psychology: Finally, understanding that dog psychology is very important in achieving success in dog training. Dogs are the most faithful pet animals for human beings, and just about everyone would like to have a puppy in their home, yet so few know how to teach them. So if you understand the mentality of the dog, there lies your success. To achieve that, you have to think from the dog’s point of view!